ANST - Courtesy Crusade

Trish Kvamme ladyoftherose at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 6 12:35:26 PDT 2000

	"If my actions alone do not show me to be a courteous person, a band
on my arm will never do so.

	Alys
	Steppes"

Okay.  What failure has my words to convey a thing that I thought would
bring joy and fun to a group that I love.

How have I failed so terribly to convey that the favor is a reminder to the
wearer.

For instance gentle readers, the favor on a fighters belt does not mark
him/her as property of the maker, it is a reminder of the honor that fighter
is carrying on the field.

I read my words over and over and I cannot see where I say that the favor,
not an arm band, it to remind oneself of a promise made to the Queen.

I have never stated that anyone who did not chose to try this was not a
courteous person.  But I am noticing that anyone who tries to do something
new get's their words interpreted in some strange ways.

I am going to do my best to promote this and have fun with it.

And with some humor, please don't think me rude, I notice it is often the
same voices who raise with concern when a new idea is brought into the
light.

So why not give us a chance.  I have received now 78 private emails from
people who think this might be something wonderful, why not give us a
chance?

I have read so many posts form hurt people.  I have seen so may sad and
disillusioned faces at events.  Indeed I have seen far too many ladies
carrying their own chairs.

So this is my way of helping, and hopefully, others will join me.  I have
now received a veritable ton of emails from people who think this might be
fun.

Now I challenge you who don't understand, or don't think of it as fun.

Wait and see what a few good hearted and determined people can do that you
may find to be a nice and wonderful thing.

Larissa