ANST - period hairstyles

Mark.S Harris mark.s.harris at motorola.com
Tue Jun 6 12:50:54 PDT 2000

Arianne asked:
> I am trying to find information on period hairstyles.  I have very long hair
> that I would love to be able to do something with for events.  Any
> suggestions as to where I should start looking?

You might be interested in taking a look at this file in
the PERSONAL CARE section of my Florilegium files:
hair-msg          (57K)  2/ 1/00    Period and SCA hairstyling and care.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/PERSONAL/hair-msg.html

This related file in the same section might also be of
interest:
mirrors-msg       (15K)  2/16/99    Period mirrors. Mirror cases.
Construction.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/PERSONAL/mirrors-msg.html

If you are looking for headcoverings rather than hair styling,
I've recently added these two files in the ACCESSORIES section:
snoods-cauls-msg  (17K)  5/12/00    Period snoods (netting) and cauls
(cloth).
http://www.florilegium.org/files/ACCESS/snoods-cauls-msg.html

veils-msg         (12K)  5/12/00    Period veils. How to wear them.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/ACCESS/veils-msg.html

Stefan li Rous
stefan at florilegium.org