ANST - Tournament Company

Kevin W jasper1420 at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 6 20:33:59 PDT 2000

From:  "Rolf Kvamme" <baron_duncan at hotmail.com>
To:  ansteorra at ansteorra.org
Subject:  ANST - Tournament Company
Date:  Tue, 06 Jun 2000 14:36:21 CDT
I have been working on a charter for a tournament company here in Ansteorra.
It will be roughly based on the companies of Saint George and Saint
Michael. Of course there will naturally be a higher standard of armour and
dress, as is required by any tournament company. I personally love the
pageantry and show, as well as the camaraderie that comes from fighting in
pas d' armes. I have a small group locally here that is interested, is there
anyone else that has input or is interested?

Baron Sir Duncan

or

Dunk :)

I personally think that it is wonderful idea. I had the opportunity to fight
in a Tournament at the last Gulf Wars sponsored by the Companions of the
Silver Swan, a period tournament company such as the ones you have
described. I must say that it was the most period tournament fighting
experience of my 9 year career. Complete with helmet crest displays and
galleries for the ladies to sit and partake of the acts of chivalry. The
tournament was fought in period 15th century style with counted blows both
on an open list field and at the barrier. One team of combatants being the
company and the other being 10 fighters of varying personas who were
personally invited to the lists, the two sides took turns challenging the
others fighters and each fighter addressed his opponent and the galleries
present as to his intentions. The ladies in some cases took a personal
interest in the fighting by escorting there lord to the field (in period
style!)some of the fighters in attendance made some of the most wonderful
chivalric challenges and speeches to their opponents and the acts of valor
and companionship were such that I never before seen in any list.
Baron Sir Duncan, if a period tournament company is to be started in the
Kingdom of Ansteorra, I would be honored to be counted amongst it's numbers.
If I can help to spur this interest in any way, my time and efforts are
yours.

Lord Jasper Codrington
Squire to Sir Aaron MacGregor