ANST - medieval jewelry

Mark.S Harris mark.s.harris at motorola.com
Wed Jun 7 09:24:17 PDT 2000

Sir Romanius mentioned:
>         If you want some closeups of jewelry, try visiting the web sites of
> Museums.  Especally those in Europe.  They often include clickable up close
> pictures of parts of their collections.

There is a wonderful list of 20 to 30 museum websites by Magnus in this
file in the EDUCATION section of my Florilegium:
museums-msg       (27K)  4/21/00    Experiences in museums by SCA
people.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/EDUCATION/museums-msg.html

For some more resources on jewelry, this file in the ACCESSORIES section
might be of interest:
jewelry-msg       (59K)  9/10/99    Medieval jewelry. Jewelry sources.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/ACCESS/jewelry-msg.html

Also, while this may be a little earlier than the timeframe that you
(Isabeau) were asking about it might also be useful. This file is in
the CULTURES section:
AS-jewelry-art    (18K)  4/11/96    Jewelry found at Anglo-Saxon
archeological
                                       sites.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/CULTURES/AS-jewelry-art.html

Stefan li Rous