ANST - Warlord/ Ladies Pavillion

penningtonhall penningtonhall at email.msn.com
Wed Jun 7 10:48:50 PDT 2000

First I would like to thank the autocrats for doing a wonderful job this
year.

Saturday night during the storm we had sent our children to the bathroom for
their safety.  When I checked on them there was a group of adults singing
and playing the guitar.  I do not know who you are but you deserve a hugh
THANK YOU!!!!!  I am sure that the other parents appreciate it also.  I only
peeked in but what I saw was quite wonderful.  Again Thank you & Vivat.

Second, I wish to issue a challenge to every group in Ansteorra.

Duchess Willow De Wisp started a Ladies Pavillion run by Lindenwood (a
canton of Steppes) at Warlord several years ago.  Not only is this a place
to sit and watch the list field, but the ladies give favors to those on the
field, provide cold drinks, fruit and cookies.

 It is not just for those that win any particular fight, but those who show
who chivalry, and entertain the ladies in the pavillion.  At the end of the
day, the ladies choose one fighter that impressed them the most and present
to them in court on Saturday night, a special favor cross stiched by Ldy
Siobhan O'Donnabhain.  I'm sure that her grace can expand on this.

My challenge, really it is only a suggestion, is to have a ladies pavillion
at each tournament in the kingdom, both chivalric and light.  What a honor
it is to sit under this pavillion and have the fighters not only salute
their ladies or lords, baron/baroness and their majesties, but also to
salute the ladies at the pavillion.   How wonderful it would be to have one
at each tourney.

Yours in service,
Ldy Mary Elizabeth