ANST - Courtesy Crusade

iainmacc at juno.com iainmacc at juno.com
Thu Jun 8 06:56:48 PDT 2000

On Thu, 8 Jun 2000 08:13:48 -0500 "j'lynn yeates" <jyeates at realtime.net>
writes:

> > ideas and when they fell from grace they because cynical and
> > disillusioned.
>
> hmmm, sounds like a description of one of the more noticable social
> dynamics of the SCA at large from the last 20-something years.
> let's
> look at the deeper matters ... what continues to fuel this ongoing
> process?

	To be honest, I suspect that much of the problem lies in people deciding
to uphold the honorable ideals of the SCA and then, much later, finding
out how tough that can be.
	It's easy to be honorable when it's to your advantage and when people
are looking. It's not so simple when your honor will cost you heavily,
and especially when (you think) no one would know if you were
dishonorable.

	That's the true measure of honor: If you're honorable even when no one
else would know or care.

							Iain MacCrimmon