ANST - Musings -- June 21, 2000

j'lynn yeates jyeates at realtime.net
Wed Jun 21 10:53:42 PDT 2000

what with all the franco centric rabble rousing, seems synchronicity
weaves her web again .. todays musings from Sir Balthazar ... enjoy

'wolf
.. by the by, should anyone want his current email addy, contact me
offline and i'll pass it along

June 21st the first full day of Summer. We are nicely in a gray
blanket
of fog right now keeping us in the mid-70s. Happy Summer.

Today in 1306 Philip IV ("the fair") King of France gave William de
Nogaret a secret commission to scope out some things for him. Exactly
month later, Phil IV acted on the information and seized all the
goods
and money of every Jew in France. How fair was that? You might well
ask.  I think Phil was just good-looking, not necessarily a nice guy.
You may also recall that it was this self-same Phil who on Friday
October 13th, 1307, ordered the arrest of the Templars in France.
This
ultimately led to the torture and execution of many Templars
including
Jacques de Molay, their Master.

Phil was in hock up to his fetlocks to the Jews and Templars. This
king
had sponsored quite a few wars and even bought a pope, Clement, after
having Clem’s predecessors murdered. Phil had promised aid to William
Wallace (Braveheart) in his war against Edward II and then reneged.
Best way to have all that debt forgotten? Hey, it was good to be the
king! All of this sounds pretty harsh. It is told that Jacques de
Molay
when led to the stake invited both Phil and Clem (the paid-for pope)
stand with him in front of God. Both Phil and Clem within a month or
two did, indeed, join Jacques in death. Funny how things work out.

Speaking of stakes, on this date in 1633 Galileo Galilei was forced
by
the Inquisition to "abjure, curse, and detest" his Copernican
heliocentric views. Hey, Galileo was not the first one to say that
the
earth was not the center of everything. Copernicus was in there. For
that matter, a monk named Bruno also taught that. Bruno was executed
for his views by the same Roman Catholic church. I think it was last
year, 1999, that the RC folks apologized for that. Okay, most of us
had
kind of gotten over it. Most of us astrologers are still using earth
centered stuff anyway.

What have we learned from all or any of this? Convictions make
convicts? Might may seem to make right? What goes around (the sun)
comes around? It is never too late to say you are sorry? I would like
to believe that my thoughts are free. Duke and dictators have a
limited
amount of sway, especially if I am prepared to die for what I
believe.

I wonder what is on television tonight and where are my Air Jordans?
Ellsworth