ANST - Musing on June 22: Kiss Me, Kill Me, Kate!

Decker, Terry D. TerryD at health.state.ok.us
Fri Jun 23 14:03:45 PDT 2000

> Catherine, I always called her Kate, was born on April 13, 1519, in
> Florence, Italy, the daughter of the Florentine ruler Lorenzo de'
> Medici, called Lorenzo the Magnificent. Lorenzo was pretty darned
> good:

Sir B. has made a historical error of considerable magnitude with this
statement.  Catherine was the great-granddaughter of Lorenzo the Magnificent
(1449-1492).  She was the daughter of Lorenzo de' Medici (1492-1519), the
grandson of the first Lorenzo by his eldest son, Piero de' Medici
(1471-1503).

It pays to check the pedigree.

Bear