ANST - Musing on June 29 -- Wrasslin' with Saracens

Decker, Terry D. TerryD at health.state.ok.us
Fri Jun 30 06:39:08 PDT 2000

This makes me wonder if Arnold wasn't AKA Arnaud de Villenueve AKA Arnaldus
de Villa Nova AKA Arnaldus Villanovanus, a well known medical practitioner
who discovered the secret of making gold from wine via the miracle of
distillation.  He is said to have produced the first brandy at the
Monpellier medical school around 1300 and was the author of a book on
distillation.

Now there is a Burkean connection, Arnold to Ray to Robert.  Too bad we
can't prove the boys at Bannockburn were fired up on scotch whiskey.

Bear