ANST - Re: Heavy Rapier

amberd at flash.net amberd at flash.net
Mon Mar 6 09:12:08 PST 2000

Hello again

I was thinking about alternatives to Heavy Rapier only tournament which would
provide more opertunities for people who prefer heavy rapier to fight in that
style without excluding those who fight light rapier. As someone pointed out,
everyone who is autherized in HR is also autherized in LR.

Would it be feasible to have a tournament where the prefered style was HR and
the default was LR? Basically you would have to fight heavy if both you and
your oponent are autherized in HR. Preceeding the tournament you could have
marshalls who could provide autherizations to those who have not been able to
get autherized. If they passed the normal autherization proccess and could find
a blade and gorget to fight with then they would fight the entire tournament HR
style.

Another alternative would be to have a tournament where the bouts are best two
out of three.  If one of the fighters chose to fight or had to fight  LR then
that fighter would start the bout with one loss.  So if I fought Martin, and I
chose to fight (or had to fight) LR then I would start with one loss and Martin
would only have to kill me once with LR to have the best 2 out of 3 win. I
would have to kill Martin twice to win best 2 out of 3.

These are just alternatives to heavy only tournament which can be used in a
variety of tournament formats.

Amerinda di Praga