ANST - CBS at Gulf War

Erik Langhans-Home modius at cityscope.net
Mon Mar 20 09:55:34 PST 2000

For those of you who were at Gulf War this year you may have noticed a camera crew w/ talent in tow roaming the site with me.  They were from CBS This Morning and were there to do an 8 minute piece on the SCA.  The piece is slated to air either the first or second Sunday in April (ie April 2nd or April 9th).  I am in contact with the Producer and will be following up with specifics as I receive them.

I want to thank all those who made this last minute, three day, odyssey successful.  Especially the Kingdom Chatelaine of Meridies Mistress Lijsbeth Tijsz. van Brugge without whom this shoot would have not been successful.  Her constant presence allowed us to provide the maximum in service and coverage to the 4 person CBS crew.

They loved us and the colorful depth our fair Society offers.

I also wanted to thank the Autocrat Dame Fianna nic Dhaibhidh and her crew, the Marshals in Charge, and those gentles who went on camera.  Everyone involved helped pave the way for the exquisite shots that enamored the crew from the Opening Ceremonies to the Spear, Axe, and Archery competitions, the Greyhound Coursing, Equestrian, the Ravine, Field and Fort battles, the Rapier Champions Tourney, the Arts & Sciences Champions Display, and to the individual camps they came in to film.

THANK YOU ALL.

To all those gentles who attended the War I send you my deepest thanks.  I know at times having a camera either in your face or obscuring your view of the proceedings is not the most enjoyable thing to have happen but everyone's presence on or about camera was critical.

I am trying to get this message out to the largest SCA audience as possible and ask that you pass this message along to other SCA lists or SCA individuals.

Don Modius von Mergentheim
Deputy Society Seneshal, Chatelaine's Coordinator
modius at cityscope.net