ANST - GW - Tales

MGreene at mpan.com MGreene at mpan.com
Mon Mar 20 17:29:58 PST 2000

One action that made me 'exceedingly' proud at Gulf Wars was done by Sir
Dietrich (sp?) at the Grand Court when he displayed the war shield he had
made with the words painted as  'Death to Trimaris' in their latin form.
He proclaimed that he was ashamed for having put these words on the shield
and for having used them against the peoples of Trimaris; as in truth they
are our friends.  He then declared that the shield would be burnt that
night, in symbol that these words would never again be used as an
Ansteorran battle cry, but rather Ansteorra would use the words 'To
Trimaris!!' in future.    There was a great rejoicing by those in
attendance for this change in verbage!

The killing of the battle cry  'Death to Trimaris' has been one that I have
long wished for, and several years ago, many others feeling the same way,
tried to change this cry to 'War with Trimaris';  but alas it did not take
around the kingdom.   Perhaps this new battle cry 'To Trimaris!!' will take
solid root.   Let us hope so.    HE Mistress Hillary Greenslade / Westgate