ANST - war points

Patrick J.Cuccurello pat at adtelusa.com
Tue Mar 21 08:55:05 PST 2000

   If the attitude being displayed by the other kingdoms was " you wouln't
let me win so I won't play with you anymore"  then  bad on them. On the
other hand if Ansteorra was obnoxious enough in her victory to chase her
opponent away   then bad on us. If  one kingdom loses the war one year don't
you think the likely response will be to come back the next year twice as
good? Trimaris has been a good and worthy for ( from what I've heard) why
would they change just because they'll lose occasionally?(Yes gang Ansteorra
will lose sometimes too).

  <<<reply>>>
  That is an extremely rational way of looking at the situation.  However,
people seldom if ever behave rationally--
  especially if it is something near and dear to them.

  From what I've seen posted so far, past experience dictated that having
"winners and losers" were counterproductive
  to this Kingdom being able to play in the sand box with other Kingdoms.
Mainly due to the fact that the diversity
  in this Kingdom allows it to adapt and dominate an opponent over time.  If
another Kingdom chooses to no longer
  play with us because they always lose--yes, bad on them.  However, that
still doesn't change the fact that Ansteorra is left in the middle of the
Knowne World having to play with itself.

  Isn't it just as mature to understand the problem, understand the
solution, know you beat the tar out of them, and
  then just say, "Well fought--see you next year to break the tie"?

  I'm not saying that it's right, I'm just say that the possible alternative
(having our opponent take their ball and go home) is unacceptable.
Especially in light of the fact that you have concrete history to support
the decision.

  Petruccio