ANST - To tie, or not to tie - that is the question

Fitzmorgan at cs.com Fitzmorgan at cs.com
Wed Mar 22 08:50:54 PST 2000

In a message dated 3/21/00 10:18:27 AM Pacific Standard Time,
michaelt at neosoft.com writes:

> I personally will campaign next year for the victors to be brought into the
>  Grand Court, as we did in years past, and recognized for their
achievements.
>  Let's still call the War a tie. It's a great joke, which our hosts in
> Meridies
>  seem to have forgotten. But let's not overlook the achievements of those
who
>  worked hard all year to get us there.

    I have no real problem with declaring the war to be a tie, but I
completely agree that those who have achieved great things be recognized for
it.  I understand and appreciate the effort the Crowns made to keep the Grand
Court short, but some things are worth making time for.  We were told that
Trimaris won the Bardic Champions battle, but I for one would like for the
winners of the various divisions to have been announced.  Those people
obviously worked VERY hard preparing for this competition and should be
recognized for it.
    I must say I've never been so proud to be an Ansteorran.  We fought hard,
covered ourselves with glory, displayed honor, chivalry and friendship and
had a LOT of fun.  Compared to that, who won or lost seems trivial.  Unto my
King and Queen; Thank You!  Your honor, bearing, good will, and the fact that
you were having so much fun, set the tone for this war and helped make it one
of the high points of my 15 years in the Society.
    Good riddance to the cry of "Death to Trimaris!"  I never liked it. How
can we cover ourselves with glory without a great and powerfull opponant to
strive against?  I'm not sure that the cry "To Trimaris!" will catch on.  It
doesn't quite sing.  I personally favor "Long Live Trimaris!"

Vivat Ansteorra
Long Live Trimaris
May we ever strive in Friendship and in Honor.

Robert Fitzmorgan
Barony of Northkeep