ANST - Gulf War reports

gptaylor gtaylor at lonestar.jpl.utsa.edu
Mon Mar 20 09:32:21 PST 2000

Overall, I can see that calling a war a tie because we really WERE all winners in
the fun we had is fine.  But this tie does nothing towards making  make me want
to return.  In fact, the way that this is presently being carried out, pushes me
in the opposite direction.

 Lessee....you work your rear off to excel in your craft/skill and enter a
competition.  You know that no matter what you do, you really aren't helping your
kingdom, as the war will result in a tie.  I can live with this when the tie is
declared in acknowledgement of how our fighters, performers, artisans,
volunteers, etc., actually performed.  However, it seems that to obtain this tie
this year, the rules for awarding war points seem to strangely be altered, on the
fly. Or even worse, judging can become a bit...."odd."  There was resounding
silence at Great Court when the King of Meridies declared that this war truely
resulted in an actual tie.

The question that I've heard asked quite a lot recently is:  Why bother having
"War Points" or official competitions at all, if we are going to ignore the
actual results of the competitions? I found it much more fun, considering the
inequity in numbers of rapier fighters when we mixed Ansteorran, Trimaran and
allied Rapier fighters and just went at it, unofficially.  A&S display, anyone?

Isobel (before you flame me, please read what I wrote, at least twice).