ANST - Gulf War IX--Your King's Thoughts

PotterKD at aol.com PotterKD at aol.com
Tue Mar 21 06:09:27 PST 2000

In a message dated 3/20/2000 10:24:40 AM Central Standard Time,
CraigCC at aol.com writes:

His Majesty said...........

>>>4.  The Rapier Melees-      I will attempt to keep this brief, because Her
 Majesty will kill me if I reveal too many juicy details before she gets
home.
  For now, lets just say that the foe didn't stand a chance.  The skill of
our
 rapierists is legendary throughout the Knowne World.  The combat at Gulf War
 showed that this reputation is quite justified.  We are both extremely proud
 of Our entire rapier community.<<<<

Greetings unto the kind people of Ansteorra,

I must say that His Majesty covered everything that I would have said.  I too
am very proud of Ansteorra.  She holds some of the most talented, honorable
and chivalric people.  My heart swells every time I think of occurrences from
last week.  If I could -- I would personally give every Ansteorran a HUG!

And since his Majesty left the details to me -- regarding Rapier.....  To
begin with we outnumbered our foe 2:1 in both the scarved and non scarved
melees.  I would also like to commend the spirit of Trimaris and Her allies.
Their King and community new they came to this War outnumbered and was
prepared to fight with the hearts of lions.  In addition to the victories on
the melee field -- our champion's battle was just as sweet.  Out of 27
fighters we lost only 3 bouts and had only 4 double kills!

Also -- I would be doing a number of people a disservice if I did not
publicly thank Baron Lucas for being our Gulf War Embracery.  In addition, I
would like to thank all those who judged, water bearded, helped with
security, lugged, toted and set up items for this War.  Without you and your
contribution of time the rest of us could not have had the fun we did.  As
His Majesty said  -- For the people of Ansteorra....Vivat! Vivat! Vivat!

Kayleigh, Queen