ANST - To tie, or not to tie - that is the question

K.C. Moon kmoon at texas.net
Fri Mar 31 14:17:07 PST 2000

Greetings all from Mari!

At 12:17 PM 3/21/00 -0600, Michael Silverhands wrote:

>None of us are surprised to hear that the War was a tie; after all, that
is our
>tradition (and a wise and good tradition I believe it to be). But I think
that
>many, if not all, of us are disappointed not to hear wordfame for those who
>earned it. I heard that Ansteorran artisans displayed *3* Master Works in the
>static arts competition. A rider scored a perfect score in the Emprise,
catching
>all 6 rings with his lance at a full gallop, 3 times in a row. Can you name
>these Ansteorrans in whom we should all be proud? Most of us cannot, because
>they received no due in court.

I know for a fact one of the static A&S entries that received a "5" -- the
Masterwork score -- is Don Eule von Haginbald, for his falconry research
and display.

And I'm willing to bet that the rider with the perfect score is either Sir
Alexis or Sir Henri.

Can anyone else help enlighten us?

>I personally will campaign next year for the victors to be brought into the
>Grand Court, as we did in years past, and recognized for their achievements.
>Let's still call the War a tie. It's a great joke, which our hosts in
Meridies
>seem to have forgotten. But let's not overlook the achievements of those who
>worked hard all year to get us there.

I agree, Michael.  I too will try to see that this is remembered.  In the
meantime, I know that Sir Pendaran is due to be the Ansteorran GW liaison
next year.  Perhaps we could put together a list of things we'd like to see
improved or added -- while not ignoring the things that went really well.

Also, what happened to the Ansteorran Chili Party this year?  Did I miss
it?  Did we not have one?  Can we have one next year?

Mari