ANST - A Timely Warning!

Scot and Domino Eddy domino7 at texas.net
Thu Mar 30 15:30:25 PST 2000

Here is an "actual" letter found in the library of St. Michael in the
Barony of
Bryn Gwlad. I think everyone would be wise to heed it's timely
warning...

Right reverend and worshipful brother, I commend myself to you as a
brother, and
hope to hear that you are well and ever diligent in your studies. May
God
increase your wisdom as He pleases, to your heart's ease. This is to
warn you as
to the snares and traps that may await you at the University of Bryn
Gwlad. You
know I spent several years there studying as our worshipful parents had
hoped.
The chances to elevate oneself by the study of astrology, philosophy,
history,
rhetoric, and other classes are great, so are the chances to fall into
questionable company and thereby lose all that one has strived for.
    There is a den of iniquity that I must, as an elder and everwatchful

brother, bring to your attention. Please, dear brother, do not venture
near the
Boar's Breast for only ill can come of it. While I would never catalog
it's foul
and sundry sins, suffice it to say that dicing, gambling of all sorts,
carousing, fighting, lacivouness, and all manner of low and wicked
things go on
there. Thieves, actors, duelers, and thugs cling to this bawdy house.
    Brother, for your own safety and our dear mother's health, stay
clear of
this place.
    Written at Bryn Gwlad on Relic Sunday. Christ keep you.

by W. Pecock