ANST - Vikings invade Washington

Jennene Stanley mooharpist at mmcable.com
Mon May 1 07:31:43 PDT 2000

Hey for you Vikings out there. I got this off the costume list. I plan to
fly in and check it out this summer.

At the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History: ""Vikings:  The North Atlantic
Saga"  April 29, 2000 - August 13, 2000 (new closing date) Commemorating the
1,000-year anniversary of the Vikings' landing in North America, this
exhibition explores the impact of Leif Ericsson's journey and introduces new
archaeological evidence that expands knowledge of early Scandinavian and
North American life. Among the 300 artifacts are medieval church carvings,
jewelry, and grave goods dating back to 800 A.D. "

 Here are some more links:

For more information visit the article by John Noble at the New York Times
http://www10.nytimes.com:80/library/national/science/042800sci-archaeo-canad
a.html

or check out the feature by David Ruppe at ABCNEWS.com for some nice images.
http://abcnews.go.com:80/sections/science/DailyNews/vikings_000428.html

And don't forget the Smithsonian's official page.
http://www.mnh.si.edu/exhibits/vikings/

Anya a.k.a
Jennene Stanley
"Vanity working on a weak mind produces every sort of
  mischief"         - Jane Austen
"Mooharpist"    send e-mail to : Mooharpist at mmcable.com
 Elizabethan (& Regency)  Website http://phelan.ou.edu/anya