ANST - Plastic armor

Rod Jackson culn97 at yahoo.com
Tue May 9 17:13:43 PDT 2000

--- gptaylor <gtaylor at lonestar.jpl.utsa.edu> wrote:
> Thanks for the Info.
>
> Now, more questions:
> Who sells you the barrels?

Try you local car wash.  You can sometimes get them
for free.  Don't pay more than $10.00.  One barrell
can do about one small suit of armor.

> Where on the Internet is the segmenta lorica?

Hopefully someone else can help with this.

> What are you cutting the stuff with?

I use a Craftsman sabre saw.  Cut slow and keep the
blade cool, or the plastic will begin to melt.  A real
mess.

> What are you doing for knees and elbows?

If you can stand the smell, they can be formed by
gently heating and forming.  Use your oven, or for
small pieces, really hot water.

Hope this helps.

Your servant,

Colin

=====
Do, or do not.  There is no try. -- Yoda