ANST - Longbow String

Mark.S Harris rsve60 at email.sps.mot.com
Thu May 25 14:42:17 PDT 2000

Ld Brennan wrote:
> Can anyone recommend a good site for ordering Flemish Bow Strings for
> a Welsh Longbow?  I TRIED (several times) to get with Kingslayer
> Armory but haven't gotten ANY replies back from them in weeks.

And of course you want to find a Japanese manufacturer of these Flemish
Bow Strings for a Welsh Longbow? :-)

Are you sure you don't want to try making your own?

You might try taking a look at this file in the ARCHERY
section of my Florilegium:
bowstrings-msg    (10K) 11/ 6/98    Medieval bowstrings. Making
bowstrings.

Or these two in the ARCHERY-FAQ section:
serving-FAQ        (9K) 12/ 5/96    Repairing and replacing your
bowstring
                                       serving.
string-mak-FAQ    (41K) 12/ 6/96    Making and serving your own
bowstring.

If you are set on buying the string, you might want to look at some
of the venders given in this file in the ARCHERY section:
arch-supplies-msg (18K) 10/28/94    Archery supplies and merchants.

The Florilegium is at: http://www.florilegium.org

Stefan
stefan at texas.net