ANST - Laurel's Prize Tourney

Patrick Cuccurello pat at adtelusa.com
Mon Nov 6 10:07:25 PST 2000

Thank you to the Shire of Tempio for an outstanding job of handling Laurel's
Prize Tournament this year.  It was extremely well organized and run.  From
the time that people first showed up, until when they had to break down
everything went smoothly.  So much so, that people could invest all their
attention to viewing and displaying their art instead of dealing with the
"nuts and bolts" of the event.  The fact that no one noticed the underlying
mundane workings of the event is what we strive for in creating this current
Middle Ages.  A Vivat! to all of you.

I would also like to thank all the fine artists who attended the Laurel's
Prize Tourney this past weekend.  Thank you for giving me the honor of
seeing and speaking to you about your art.  You are the future of the Arts
in this Kingdom, and the Knowne World.  I was so very impressed with
everything that I saw, from those who had been in a particular art for a
time, and those that were just starting out.  I was amazed at the diversity
of the Arts that were displayed.
In just the short time that I have been in this Kingdom I have seen such an
increase in expertise and knowledge that I can only attribute it to the
grace, courtesy, and drive of our Artisans.

As I spoke to each of you and saw the fire in you eyes, the strength in your
hands, and the joy in your hearts as you explained things to me it spurred
even this old tired man into picking up his tools once again.  I salute you
all and give my heartfelt thanks for the opportunity you gave all of us to
see a portion of yourself.

I remain, In Service,
  Maestro Petruccio

p.s.  Oxlade--the Pub was great!  ......um, I mean display.