ANST - Autumn Melees Approaching fast!

Myrindyl at aol.com Myrindyl at aol.com
Mon Nov 13 22:08:27 PST 2000

The Populace of Crown Barony Bordermarch Invites one and all to join us for
our annual Autumn Melees war practice November 17-19 at our beautiful Jones
Country site in Colmesneil, Texas.  There will be fighting on our Castle
(bring your siege engines!) all day Saturday for both Chivalric and Rapier
fighters (and maybe archers), as well as a Youth Rapier Tournament on
Saturday afternoon sponsored by the Bordermarch Watch.  We will also have:
A silent auction, with proceeds to benefit the Castle Maintenance Fund.
A Seneschal's class
A quest after feast & court on Saturday night for those with extra pep to
burn off.
An A&S display

Feast will be available.  The menu is as follows:
Bread
Butters
Your choice of Beef & Vegetable Stew, Vegetarian Stew (made with real
vegetarians!), or Beef Only Stew (for you pure carnivores)
Cheeses
Bread Pudding with Vanilla Sauce
Tea
Lemonade
If you have any food allergy concerns, please email me privately and I will
check the ingredient list for you.

The site is wet, period containers only, please!

Anyone bringing a new, unwrapped toy for the Lamar Realm toy drive will
receive a $1.00 discount off their site fee (one toy discount per person,
please).  There will also be a $2.00 discount with current SCA membership

For those not familiar with our site, we offer hot water showers, modern
privies, in-camp water, and limited electricity.

Pets on a leash only, with current rabies vaccination.  Horses need proof of
negative coggins.

The site requires all fires to be in above ground pits

Minors must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.  They may also
attend with a 21 year or older adult with a signed and notarized Minor Event
Waiver form from the parents.

The site will open at 4pm on Friday, and close at noon on Sunday.

Please make all checks payable to SCA Inc/Barony Bordermarch

    Site Fees:  $7.00 for adults, $3.50 for children under 12
    Feast Fees: $5.00 for adults, $2.50 for children under 12
    Electricity Fee:    $3.00 per extension, prior to use

Co-Autocrats:
Birgitta Frenzl of Bladesong        Phelissettee D'avignon
(409)924-9697               (409)751-6205
myrindyl at aol.com            phelissettee at hotmail.com

Feast-o-crat:
Isabella Rodrigue
(409)769-1224
JLe6139523 at aol.com

Directions:
Take your best route to Hwy. 69 North in Woodville, Texas.  Drive approx. 10
miles north to Colmesneil, Texas.  Go east on FM255 (at the Hilltop Grocery
Store) for 5.2 miles.  Jones Country is on the left (north), or follow the
SCA signs.