ANST - Estrella

James Crouchet jtc at io.com
Sun Nov 26 07:54:11 PST 2000

> Do many Ansteorrans attend?

To be blunt, no. Some do. Probably enough that you can find from
Ansteorra there, but not enough that it will change the numbers on one
side or the other significantly.

Estrella is a lot of fun. It is a fun war and I recommend it. However,
this year will probably be something of a route on both the armored
and rapier fields. The two largest groups, Atenveldt and Outlands, are
allied this year. In addition, their various treaties give them almost
all of the support from non-Estrella kingdoms. Proposals to make the
sides a bit more balanced have, I understand, already been rejected.

I have not spoken directly to persons in authority of the event, so
you might want to confirm my information rather than take it as
gospel.

Personally, I find that I don't enjoy fights where the battle cry is
"Leave one for me!" or where my side is simply clubbed like baby
seals, nearly so much as I like a good stand up fight. I like to win
but not without ever getting a chance to throw a blow. YMMV

If someone has more solid information on the facts above, please
correct any misinformation I may have presented.

Doré