ANST - book report help

Mark.S Harris mark.s.harris at motorola.com
Tue Oct 10 10:42:07 PDT 2000

Ascelyn asked:
> Greetings!  My son is doing a book report on Medieval Knights and War
> (go figure).  He's wants to build a working tabletop-sized model of a
> trebuchet, a catapult, a ballista, and a cross-bow.  Is there anyone
> who has any instructions and plans on how to build these?

I don't think I have any instructions on scaled down models of these.
However, these files in my Florilegium have a number of referances that
have diagrams and photos of the real items.

In the COMBAT section:
siege-engines-msg (82K)  2/28/00    Catapults, trebuchets. Period and
modern.

In the ARCHERY section:
crossbows-msg     (38K) 12/ 2/98    Period and SCA crossbows.
Iolos-book-rev    (14K)  1/10/97    Reviews of "Iolo's First Book of
Crossbows".

In the ARCHERY-FAQ section:
crossbow-FAQ      (54K)  9/ 6/96    Crossbow history, definitions,
construction.

Lord Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net