ANST - Travelling to Crown

L D davenport_laura at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 13 13:07:22 PDT 2000

Hello,

I used to work over by Texas Motor Speedway and have
seen my fair share of race traffic.  Everyone should
just avoid 35W between Fort Worth and Denton, but
usually it doesn't really get bad on 35W until North
of 287 (around Alliance Airport).  Also, the people
coming from Dallas should avoid 114 altogether from
Southlake west if they are trying to get to 287 in
order to head north toward Wichita Falls.

Taking the North Loop of 820 could be bad, but if you
are traveling fairly early on Saturday, I don't think
it would be too much of a problem.  If taking 35W
North from Fort Worth in order to get to 287 is bad
(which I doubt it will be), you could always head
further west to Business 287 (Main Street, I think)
and head North through Saginaw, then meet 287 only
about 3-5 miles north.

As far as people from Dallas driving clear up to
Gainesville and taking 82 North, I'd have to look at a
map to see if the extra mileage is worth the traffic
avoidance.

Hope this helped a little!

Regards,
Laura Davenport