ANST - SCA in print

baron at elfsea.ansteorra.org baron at elfsea.ansteorra.org
Fri Oct 6 12:50:04 PDT 2000

Quoting Darla Williams <darlaw at JMCLIPPER.COM>:
<snip>
>     it is a delicate situation - what is the SCA's
> view and feelings on people of .....darker skin
> complexions, participating and/or joining the SCA
> and the events.  in other words, will there be a
> problem ???   i do not want any more problems in
> life, i have enough.....   i can always continue doing
> my own thing without an organization to share it
> with, but i think it would be nice to share !!!
>
>     thank you for your honesty and responses.
>
> always a lady....

Well, my lady, welcome.  As I frequently say, we always
have room for more nice people.

People of every race are welcome in the SCA, and people
of every race participate successfully to the highest
levels of our organization.  I have never heard of a
case in which someone was ill-treated by reason of
their race at an SCA event -- and I would be very
interested if such a thing should occur in future.

Meanwhile, if I may ever be of service in this or any
matter, please do not hesitate to approach or contact
me.

- Viscount Galen of Bristol, Baron of Elfsea, Knight of
the Society, Master of the Pelican, etc.