ANST - Crawdads

Mark.S Harris mark.s.harris at motorola.com
Wed Oct 11 16:44:58 PDT 2000

"Michael F. Gunter" wrote:
> > that people in Nordskogen never heard of crawdads much less know
> > how to eat them?
> >
> >                                                     ---= Morgan
>
> Is Nordskogen in Sweden? If so then I have to tell you that in Sweden
> eating crawfish is very popular. They boil them up, usually with lemon
> and dill and eat them piled on the table with lots of dark bread, beer
> and aquivit.
>
> Gunthar

For those who might be interested in more details on the eating of
crawfish in period, check this file in the FOOD section of my
Florilegium:
exotic-meats-msg  (63K)  9/27/00    Period and SCA exotic meats. Swans,
ostrich,
                                       crawfish, dormice.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD/exotic-meats-msg.html

There may also be some recipes in this file:
seafood-msg       (65K)  9/ 6/00    Medieval non-fish seafood. Recipes.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD/seafood-msg.html

Stefan
stefan at texas.net

PS: I'd love to see more seafood and fish at SCA feasts. The fish at
this
last Namron Protectorate was wonderful!