ANST - Rain King

K.C. Moon kmoon at texas.net
Thu Oct 12 19:59:03 PDT 2000

OK folks, I don't know what particular part of Ansteorra *yall* are in, but
I seem to remember that this last summer -- which was still with us less
than 3 weeks ago -- was not only incredibly hot, but a tad on the dry side.
 Can you say Stage III Water Restrictions?  I knew ya could....

Personally, if Gunthar being king means its gonna rain, I don't think we
should overlook the benefit to the environment, much less the possibility
of financial remuneration... for the good of the kingdom, of course.
Staking Gunthar out... uhmmm, I mean letting Gunthar hold permanent court
(yeah, that's the ticket...) over the Edwards Aquifer Recharge Zone could
result in so many benefits: green lawns, survival of species, continued
drunken tubing parties on the Guadalupe.  The ramifications, environmental
and otherwise, are truly astounding.

In fact, considering that snow is a form of precipitation, "King Gunther"
might just be the solution we need to the deterioration of the polar ice
caps.  Think about it.  Really.

Signing off now....

Mari