ANST - purple heart

Mauer, Eric eric.mauer at attws.com
Tue Oct 24 15:05:10 PDT 2000

>From a wood toxicity data sheet I've got floating around....

WOOD
Purpleheart

REACTION
I - irritant
S - sensitizer

SITE
S - skin
R - resp

POTENCY
++

SOURCE
D - dust
W - wood

INCIDENCE
C - common

I've also heard that repeated exposure can cause silicosis of the lungs,
though I've been unable to verify this. From personal experience, I've had
significant skin irritation from both the dust and the wood. Finished, it
shouldn't pose a problem, though I'd avoid having the kids chew on it. I'd
at the very least advise a good dust mask.

Alaric

Eric Mauer
Customer Care Team Lead
Austin Customer Operations
AT&T Wireless Services
Office: 512-436-7354   Fax: 512-436-7708
eric.mauer at attws.com

"Be very, very careful what you put into that head, because you will
never, ever get it out."
Thomas Cardinal Wolsey (1471-1530)