ANST - hardening steel

Mark.S Harris mark.s.harris at motorola.com
Tue Oct 24 15:16:34 PDT 2000

Lord Jean Paul de Sens replied to me:
> I was not needing something "Sir-Alexis-specific", I just knew he had some
> of the answers I wanted after talking to him @ crown tournament....
>
> I am wanting information on hardening 18 (and 20) gauge steel for many
> differing armouring needs...
>
> Thanks for the information, I'll check the florigium and see what it
> says... :)

Since you are interested in metal treatments for armor then
perhaps this file in the COMBAT section of the Florilegium will
also be of interest:
a-treating-msg    (27K)  1/15/97    Surface treatments for armor.
Blackening.

I think this is more on rust proofing and coloring rather than
hardening, but it may be of interest.

Stefan