ANST - TRF 4th weekend report (finally!)

Gerald L. Norris Jr. jerryn at houston.rr.com
Fri Oct 27 04:14:20 PDT 2000

Greetings unto the readers of the coastal list from Gerald of Leesville,
deputy liaison for the SCA presence at the Texas Rennaisance Festival.  I
would like to remind everyone that weekend 6 (Nov 4 - 5) is still open for a
group (household, college, canton, shire, barony, or combination thereof) to
host.  Please consider hosting this weekend which is opposite Laurel's Prize
Tourney.  This is a chance to participate in the largest SCA demo in the
nation and to add your particular group's flavor of playing in the SCA.
Contact myself (281-773-7922) or Lord Ambrose Blackwood (713-983-0137) for
details.

I would like to take this time to thank Jenny of Loch Sollier for doing a
great job as autocrat for last weekend.  Loch Sollier provided a good
turnout of warriors and artisans in their turn as hosts for the weekend.
Vivat Jenny and vivat the Loch!

There was a tournament hosted Saturday for both chivalric and rapier, with
fighting both in the compound (chivalric) as well as on the battle mound
(rapier) to determine the winners.  Lady Jenny provided prizes of ceramic
serpent figures in aqua and cobalt blue.  The winner of the chivalric
tournament was Ld. Ragnar, while the winner of the rapier tournament was Ld
Elyas McCrae.  The prizes were presented in court Sunday afternoon.
Saturday night Lady Jenny provided a stew for feast that drew a great deal
of praise.

Sunday provided us with good weather and excellent displays of A&S as well
as fighting within the compound.  There were three members of the BOD who
showed up to take a look at what we do as well as see the Festival and shop.
They were impressed with the displays and the fighting as well as the
physical compound.  They brought with them the cookies/cakes that were left
over from the BOD meeting which were happily received within the compound.
An afternoon rain dampened spirits some but the information booth personell
took advantage of the situation to hand out fliers to those people who
stayed inside the gatehouse to get out of the rain.  We continued to have a
good showing through the rest of the evening until the fair closed early at
7pm.

Once again my thanks go to Lady Jenny and the Loch for the excellent turnout
and wonderful displays of A&S and the martial arts.  Vivat!

In service to the dream with a song in my heart, I am
Gerald L. Norris Jr. -- Houston, Tx.
Gerald of Leesville, a bard of Stargate -- Kingdom  :  Ansteorra
Husband, father, lover, singer, writer