ANST - Throne Chair Patterns

Mark.S Harris mark.s.harris at motorola.com
Mon Oct 30 08:44:59 PST 2000

Ascelyn wrote:
> Does anyone have any throne chair patterns?

A throne chair is nothing more than a fancy chair. Depending
upon the period and place in history it may not have even
been dedicated solely to that purpose.

So what you really want is a chair for the particular
time and place you are interested in, perhaps with nicer
or more elaborate decoration than most others.

I don't have any specific information in the Florilegium
on throne chairs, but this file on chairs in the HOME,
SWEET HOME section of my Florilegium should give you a
number of ideas and referances to work from:
chairs-msg        (54K)  9/19/96    Medieval and SCA chairs.

This file has some info on medieval furniture in general,
and some books to look for. At least one of those books
has patterns for chairs:
furniture-msg     (85K)  5/ 7/99    Making chests and tables for the
SCA.
                                       Period furniture.

Many of these can probably be made to come apart for ease of
transport to various SCA events. Unless of course you
want to imitate the English and build into them large,
stolen rocks. *grin*

Oh yes, my files are at: http://www.florilegium.org

HL Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net

Hmmm. Or did you have a different kind of "throne" in mind? If
so, there is also this file in the PERSONAL CARE section:
12thC-Hole-art    (19K)  7/16/99    Reconstruction of the hole in a
period
                                       toilet seat by Ld. Daniel Raoul
le Vascon