ANST - To Arms! To Arms!

Dale, Richard N DaleRN at aetna.com
Thu Sep 7 12:41:14 PDT 2000

I am forwarding this message from His Majesty Edward III King of England.
Richard Faibrourne

Greetings unto their Majesties and the Populace of Ansteorra.

	No doubt you have heard that Philip VI has become the King of
France. I say to you all, through my birthright I am the rightful King of
France. Phillip, of course, denies to even listen to my claim. Since words
cannot be exchanged I will take what is mine by birthright. I ask your
majesties and your populace to aid me in my just cause to make right what
has been made wrong.

	My army and that of me heirs will take the field against the French
at Battle of Three Kings, November 10-12, in Canton trade Days.

	Knowing that right and might are on my side I offer some added
incentive to come to this war on my behalf. Every man woman and child that
is for the English will receive a free breakfast courtesy of my coffers
Saturday morning on Nov. 11th (cooked by HL Gilli)

	As you may or may not know I truly understand the value of a good
archer! To this end on I will have 10 arrows(combat) or 10 bolts(combat) for
all archers that come and participate for at least half the battles at Three
Kings(regardless of side). I am told that a place for signup will be made
available on something called a site of webs for Three Kings.

	As war effects all from old to the young, to the healthy and to the
infirmed, and from the stable to the foolish, every man woman and child will
be given an important role in my army to help reclaim my birthright. Areas
of gaming(how better to get money than to have it gambled away), artistic
talent(A&S Competition), how can we charge into battle without the proper
weapons and style for war, Logistics(service) an army and a nation can not
move without many people working together to get myself and my forces to
France. Great siege engines will be needed to take the great cities of
Calais and Orleans(Siege competition). Everyone will be an invaluable part
to claim the throne of France.

	To my French adversaries, who might have intercepted this
document(you could not have stopped them all), I and my heirs look forward
to meeting you at a place called Agincourt.

	I encourage all my nobles, and members of the nobility of England to
contact their majesties Ansteorra and their Great populace to aid England in
this righteous cause.

	I remain your hopeful ally from across the sea,

	Edward III, King of England and Rightful King of France