ANST - FW: Musing on Septermber 7th -- Liz's Birth Chart

j'lynn yeates jyeates at realtime.net
Fri Sep 8 19:48:04 PDT 2000

- -----Original Message-----
From: Ellsworth Weaver [mailto:astroweaver at yahoo.com]
Sent: Friday, September 08, 2000 20:39
To: 2thpix at surfari.net
Subject: Musing on Septermber 7th -- Liz's Birth Chart

Dear Folk,

September 7 marks the birthday of one of the finest rulers England
has
ever had, Elizabeth I (Tudor), daughter of Henry VIII and Anne
Boleyn.
If you would not mind doing some honor to the Lady, you might want to
look at her birth chart with me for a few moments. It won’t hurt. I
promise.

Her chart is at http://www.surfari.net/~2thpix/amuse/liz1.gif  You
could print it out or just have it handy to look at.

Looking at the chart now? Good.  It is a round chart. Liz would not
have been used to that but it makes it easier to talk about for us
moderns. Look to the right of the wheel. There are a series of boxes
which have symbols in them. The second one down is the signs of the
zodiac and the third one down shows the planets and their symbols.
You
will need to refer to those. We will not get into aspects much this
time.

A brief aside. You may think of the planets as actors, some naturally
are good at some roles, the signs as the costume and roles they take
on, and the Houses as the stage they are playing upon.

We shall start at her Sun. You will find that it is a circle with a
dot
inside it. Notice that it is in Virgo. Ah, the Virgin Queen. Now some
of us are Virgos and I am sure you know some Virgos. Although most
folks do not act exactly like their sun sign,

Virgos tend to be neat and orderly people. A place for everything and
everything in its place. They like puzzles and are often very bright
folk. Hard workers, too. Okay, some can be hyper-critical, petty and
perfectionistic. The devil is in the details, right?

Elizabeth was certainly bright and worked very hard for her country.
Notice that her Sun is in the wedge which has the number 8. That is
the
Eighth House. It is the area where she derives most of her energy.
The
Eighth House is about manipulation, transformation, sex, death, other
peoples money. Eighth House matters are subtle and controlling. Not
our
innocent daughter of Anne and Hank!

Can you find her Moon? Good, it is in the lower part of the circle in
the Third House and it is in Taurus (notice the little horned bull
symbol). The Moon is where we find belonging. The Third House is
communications, siblings, and short journeys. Taurus speaks of being
tad stubborn, careful, a survivor. Think of Liz’s siblings: Bloody
Mary
Tudor and young Edward. Her life was a balancing act. She was careful
with her speech, especially when her father had her mom beheaded. Her
brother Edward even had Mary and Liz disinherited. It took a strong
gal
to live through all that. Very survivor oriented. Does this also show
an incredible need for stability? You bet. It also traditionally
shows
that she was intuitive (3rd house Moon.)

The next point I would like to look at is not a planet or luminary
(Sun
and Moon are luminaries) but the line which divides the segment which
says 12 and that which says 1. That line is called the Ascendant or
Rising Sign. It is what sign is on the Eastern horizon the moment you
are born. The sign shows how you view the world.  In Liz’ s case, it
is
Capricorn. That Capricorn outlook is a very success-driven, stand in
the spotlight sort of view. Capricorns climb. They may not be “born
with a silver spoon”  but they will end up eating with a golden one.
Bet on Capricorns.  Their key words are planning,  responsibility and
reserve.

You might also want to look at her Midheaven. It is that point
directly
overhead at her birth. Look for the segment which has an arrow
pointing
up between House 9 and 10. It is Scorpio (looks like an M). The
Midheaven is how you let the world see you. Here is those words of
manipulation and transformation, secretive, and plotting.

Elizabeth then starts out life careful and meticulous, able to shine
in
manipulation and spending other folk’s money. She is a survivor and
ambitious to rule. Incidentally, when James I came to the throne
after
Liz, remember what he found in the treasury? Right! Nothing.

Let’s look at two planets which share the Eighth House with her Sun,
Mercury and Venus. Notice they are in Libra. That is the symbol for
the
scales. Mercury is about communication and about mental quickness.
Libra likes balance and will often jump onto the other side of an
argument just to balance things out. Add to that Mercury is in the
House of Manipulation and other’s resources. Quick-witted and
resourceful also an argumentative and slick negotiating
pain-in-the-neck: was that our Elizabeth I? You bet! Ask the folks
she
loved and beheaded. Venus speaks of love but also of into what we put
our value. Again, Libra. Libra and Venus live well together. Libra
says
that we can find partnerships very valuable. We can give some of
ourselves to get something in return from others. Libras weigh things
out very carefully in relationships. Did Elizabeth ever throw herself
into love? I believe she did but she never forgot what was really
important: the Crown of England.

Okay, time to find Mars, what she give force to. Find it? It is down
in
the Fifth House in Gemini. The Fifth House is about creativity,
competition, fun, children. Mars sitting there means that she would
be
a strong supporter of the arts, of creativity. If she had kids (you
probably already know I think Francis Bacon was hers) they would be
very independent. The Martian Gemini made her very apt to spread all
sorts of information. It would have to be rather her slant on things
and may even be misinformation. That evasiveness was to help her out
tremendously in negotiations with foreign suitors. That supporting
the
arts is what has given her such fame whoever wrote those Shakespeare
plays.

Jupiter, the benevolent ruler, can you find him up in the 11th House
in
Sagittarius? The 11th House is about society and your part in it.
11th
House Jupiter is Ruler, Leader, Prophet. Your call here. It is a very
strong indicator of personal power in society. The Sag. is about
teaching and inspiration. Her vision for her society she made happen,
not by force but by being every inch the Queen.

The last planet medieval astrologers knew about was Saturn. It is
over
in her Seventh House, partnerships and marriages, in Cancer. Saturn
in
Cancer speaks of being shy and inhibited. Strangely enough, Elizabeth
was a very private person. Not so strange with her family background
plus all the nations sending guys to woo her. It breeds a seriousness
in a child and a sense of responsibility about family affairs. In the
Seventh House does not help her much for a choice in partners. It
shows
an intense fear of commitment in relationships. Although they would
teach her much, partners would find Liz distrustful.

There are two other points which are really calculated and not
planets:
the Lunar Node and the Part of Fortune. The Lunar nodes are lessons
we
have to learn. I would not bother you with how this is found. Suffice
it to say that her North Lunar Node (looks like the letter omega) is
in
the Seventh House and in Leo. This shows a quest for right relations,
letting go of self-needs and paying attention to others. It also
shows
a need to develop her inner strength, being lonely, giving to the
world.

Her Part of Fortune (looks like a circle with an X in it) is also in
the 7th and in Leo. The Part of Fortune is where you are magickally
blessed. In this position it shows that fulfillment comes from living
as a shining example to others, avoiding distractions, power and
honor
abounding, giving to folks. I think she did all of those things.

What have we learned? Liz was scheduled to be the Big Kahuna all
along?
You cannot fight your destiny? Astrology may be bunk but it is
amusing
bunk? Nope, I maintain as did Paracelsus, “The stars incline, they do
not impel.” What she did with herself was her business and that of
her
Creator. I only look at the stars and planets and say what I see.
There
is much more to this chart than I have bothered you about. Just
thought
we could talk about Elizabeth for awhile and wonder.

So if you are out there defeating the Spanish Armada, inspiring great
plays and poetry, casting natal charts or just remaining a virgin,
and
you wish to forward these missives to someone, go ye forth and do so.
Only do leave my name and sig attached.

By the way, if you want to see Liz’s chart as she might have seen it,
in square format, click on the address below
http://www.surfari.net/~2thpix/amuse/lizsq.gif

Writing all the Tom Stoppard plays, myself,
Ellsworth Weaver

SCA – Sir Balthazar of Endor
AS – Polyphemus Theognis
TRV – Sebastian Yeats