ANST - Last Work Weekend for Texas Rennaisance Festival

Gerald L. Norris Jr. jerryn at houston.rr.com
Mon Sep 18 13:09:12 PDT 2000

Greetings unto the populace.  I am Gerald of Leesville, the deputy liaison
for the SCA presence at the Texas Rennaisance Festival.

This weekend (Sept 23 - 24) is the last scheduled work weekend for the 2000
season.  There is still work to do on the stage roof, the reviewing stand
roof, touch-up painting, raking, and general last minute preperations for
the site.  Work will start Saturday at 10 a.m. and will go through the day.
I will provide a late lunch at around 4 p.m. of sandwiches and pasta salad
on Saturday, breakfast on Sunday, and lunch again on Sunday.  Drinks will be
available.  If you need directions to get to the site, a map can be found at
http://www.texrenfest.com/index-main.stm .  The entrance for getting to the
site this weekend is at the offices entrance, which is just past the
patron's entrance.  There will be signs pointing the way for SCA workers.

I would like to remind everyone who plans to help that they should bring
work gloves and some tools if possible (hammer, screw-drivers, rakes,
shovels, etc.).  This is our last chance to get everything ready for the
Sept. 30 opening date.

Please, if you can spare the time come up either Saturday or Sunday and help
finish the details so that we can present the SCA in the best light at the
Texas Rennaisance Festival.

Thank you,

In service to the dream with a song in my heart, I am
Gerald L. Norris Jr. -- Houston, Tx.
Gerald of Leesville, a bard of Stargate -- Kingdom  :  Ansteorra
Husband, father, lover, singer, writer