ANST - Is it Gulf Wars IX or X?

baron at elfsea.ansteorra.org baron at elfsea.ansteorra.org
Tue Sep 12 13:00:06 PDT 2000

I just want to point out that if this is already the
21st Century, then it should be Gulf Wars IX.

None of the following is opinion:

Inez, as you know, the first Lughnasad was held this
year.  Next year, only _one_ year later, they'll be
holding the second one.

Likewise, the first Gulf Wars was in 1992.  1993 saw
Gulf Wars II.  Nine years after the first is the 10th
one, in 2001.  That's because we're counting not year,
but events.

The first year of the Gregorian Calendar is 1 AD.  One
hundred years later, at the beginning of 101 AD, the
second century began.  This coming Jan., 2001, the 21st
century will begin.

But given the mushy thinking prevalant regarding dates
of late, I don't blame you at all for being confused.

- Galen