ANST - Swords and Barney Fife

Dale Carroll malachai1 at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 25 23:55:38 PDT 2000

I believe this was passed in 1999 by the 75th Legislature.
Btw, chivalric fighters should be ok as well.  See as follows:
§ 46.15. Nonapplicability

(b) Section 46.02 does not apply to a person who:
4) is engaging in lawful hunting, fishing, or other sporting activity on the
immediate premises where the activity is conducted, or is directly en route
between the premises and the actor's residence, if the weapon is a type
commonly used in the activity;

It was arguable whether this older provision would have applied to some of
our other edged games.