ANST - Re: History Repeats Itself

David Hughes davidjhughes.tx at netzero.net
Sun Apr 15 18:40:56 PDT 2001

Brown Chass wrote:

> Because as stated before the heavy weapons comunity
> wont change and would fight any changes, which they
> greatly outnumber us. Which leaves us to try and find
> a way to modify our already expensive arrows and bows
> to keep the bounce back from happening. Even though
> the idea of modifying helms with hardware cloth would
> protect the HW people from tree limbs as well as
> arrows  and misc debree.
>
> Sincerely Charinthalis Del Sans

The heavy weapon community didn't want to stop using Freon can helms
or hockey gloves.
They didn't want to use kidney belts, groin protection, hard knees or
elbows, kidney belts, gorgets, hand protection more than light leather
gloves, or C-7 vertebrate protection.
There was resistance to rapier combat, Combat archery, Thrown weapons
and Seige weapon combat.
It's just a question of how much of a struggle people are will to give
to cause a change.
I've been on the battle lines for most of these matters, (Sometimes on
one side, sometimes on the other <G>) and a dozen others.

David Gallowglass

NetZero Platinum
No Banner Ads and Unlimited Access
Sign Up Today - Only $9.95 per month!