ANST - Archery safety issue

Bob Dewart gilli at seacove.net
Wed Apr 18 05:47:17 PDT 2001

The current rules allow for both eye protection and ABDs.

We went through this drill last year.  It seems that the chirgeons don't
keep records on type of injuries treated.  More over it also seems that most
folks don't go to a chirgeon when there is an injury.

Those research things have been going on for a while now.  The main problem
is the powers that be have not decided what is the accepteable risk level,
how safe is safe, is.  There is a wide range of things that can be done.

But if the reason for doing it eye safety, all the solutions but one, give
only a partial answer.  Eye protection, if eye injury is the purpose, is the
answer.  Eye protection is already allowed by the rules.

I wonder, will those three folks voluntarilly wear eye protection now, or do
they still don't think it's eeded?

Gilli