ANST - Archery safety issue

Mark.S Harris mark.s.harris at motorola.com
Wed Apr 18 12:53:34 PDT 2001

Charlie Ribron II wrote:
> This is my opinion, the more you try to prevent on injury the more it
> happens. Also if you cover an area for one thing you start another ie heat
> problems due to not letting the skin get air because your covering it.
> Carlos

Ah! Then if this is true we can simplify things considerably and
prevent most injuries. Currently we have all these regulations
detailing armor, knee protection, kidney protection, neck protection,
hand protection. Obviously then, since we are trying very hard to
prevent injury, this is the reason folks somethimes get hurt. Let's
just try less hard to prevent injuries and they should stop occuring.

Everyone should go out to battle as the Picts were rumored to do.
Without anything but a covering of woad. This should also be much
cooler than that nasty, heavy hot armor.

And Megan ni Laine de Belle Rive often has imported woad powder
from Scotland for sale at Pennsic. (see my woad-msg file in
the Florilegium).

:-)

Stefan