ANST - Re: Archery safety issue & History Repeated

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Wed Apr 18 16:51:57 PDT 2001

Sir Wilhelm von Buch (stasya at msn.com) said something that sounded like:
> To put to rest a lot of bandwidth. Let me make this perfectly clear.
> THERE WILL BE NO MODIFICATION OF HELMS.

With all due respect Sir Earl Marshal, this is a short sighted and
unyielding stance.

> Please focus your time and energy on finding the specifications for
> the bows, crossbows, and ammo needed to solve this safety issue.
> Modifications to helms is not an option.  With the testing that is on
> going and the information that we can gather.  We will be able to make an
> informed judgement as to the steps needed to make this a safer activity.

You can't make an informed judgement if you are not going to consider
all of the alternatives. You have now stated very clearly that *if*
archery is going to happen, it will involve modifications for the ammo
and bows.

Ciao,