[Ansteorra] Thanks to all of you wonderfull people

Barbara W alysd38 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 13 11:38:17 PDT 2001

Greetings everyone.  Steppes Artisan is now behind us,
and I have had some sleep, so now it is time to
express my deepest thanks to everyone that came into
the kitchen and helped with the feast and clean up.

I know that if I try to name all of you I would leave
many names out, as I did during court (sorry about
that), but I'm going to try my best.

Countess Sara and Lady Matilda were invaluable help.
Lady Matilda helped me plan the menu and kept me sane
as the day approached.  I know that I called her a
hundred times bouncing ideas off of her, and she was
always there for me. And when the day did come she was
at my side, slaving away.  Thank you Matilda, it was
great fun working with you!

Countess Sara drove up from Stargate to be in my
kitchen.  She also slaved away Friday evening and all
day on Saturday with very little rest.  Thank you
Sara, I don't know what I would do without you.

HL Giulliana was also a great help; as always I could
turn to her with an assignment and know that it was in
good hands. Thank you.

One of our Newest members, Nobel, spent most of his
first event cutting and chopping.  Nobel, if there is
ever anything you need, call on me.  I also had Carol
and David with me most of the day, ready and willing
to do what ever was asked, thanks go to both of you.
Oh, and don't let me for get their daughter Lisa, who
also was there to lend a hand.

Cameron and Elizabeth, Avrial's daughters, were also
in the kitchen helping out, and I wish to thank them
as well.

Viscount Hightower, thank you for giving me your time,
you handle a meat slicer like a real pro!  Your good
spirits through the day were also much appreciated.

Sir Miguel, your help was also much appreciated. You
put out a lovely lunch for the judges, and then
happily did anything that I asked of you.  Thank you
for being there for me.

And of course, Geoffrey, Karolous, Alejandro and
Amalia, your help was much appreciated as well.
Thanks you too.

Then there were a slew of people that came in to clean
the kitchen (you are all saints!). I'm afraid I've run
out of names, however!  Please know that it is not a
lack of appreciation that stops me from naming each of
you, but rather a brain that is somewhat less spry
than it was once.

Oh, and Brother Kris, who masterfully organized the
servers so that everyone knew what they were needing
to do.  Thank you for your help.

I know that I'm leaving people out, and I'm so sorry
for that.  Please know that your help was very
valuable to me.  Thank you, all of you.

In grateful service,

Alys