[Ansteorra] Needing travel space

Mark.S Harris mark.s.harris at motorola.com
Fri Aug 3 08:52:00 PDT 2001

Charlie Ribron II wrote:
> I got a good deal on a flight also, don't they allow two bags and one
> overhead once there I'm renting a car do you need a ride once you get there.
> Carlos

Generally this is true, but it is always best to check with that
particular airlines website and verify this. Some allow more than
others and sometimes the allowed dimensions vary.

I looked at paying for extra baggage several years ago. I think with
the extra baggage fee and the oversize fee it was going to be about
$100, each way.

I've also looked at sending stuff by bus, but that is almost as
expensive as sending it as extra baggage and a lot less convenient.

For Pennsic 28, I shipped an extra trunk to a friend who lived near
Pennsic through USPS. This last Pennsic, I shipped the trunk through
UPS and had them hold it in Slippery Rock (or maybe it was Butler,
second closest town) for pickup. Unfortunately they are officially only
open for pickup one hour a day, have no published phone number and the
time the national UPS office gave me was wrong.

This year, since they are allowing stuff to be shipped directly to
Cooper's Lake, that is what I've done.

I ship the box home via USPS from the little mini-post office
trailer at Pennsic. However, they are not open on Saturdays or
Sundays so you can't wait until the last two days to mail anything
home.

Unfortunately, Pennsic has not been very friendly to folks who don't
drive up, but if they are now allowing direct shipment to the site that
is a big improvement.

THLord Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net