[Ansteorra] Ansteorrian War?

Chris Zakes moondrgn at austin.rr.com
Fri Aug 3 20:26:30 PDT 2001

>At 12:20 PM 8/3/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>>Tivar has long had an idea of holding a war in which the side you're on is
>>determined by whether you live east or west of I-35.
>>
>>Aethelyan Moondragon
>
>Boy, that would really cause some groups to be confused and split.  Namron,
>Wiesenfeuer, Emerald Keep, BrynGlwd, and Bjornsborg come to mind.

>Burke

That was kind of the idea. Some people get hung up about sides in a war,
and I figured this would be a good way to have a war where you (hopefully)
*couldn't* do that.

For example, if Sir Stickjock lives on one side of I-35, but all of his
squires live on the other side, or if there's a barony where the Baron and
Baroness aren't a married couple, and they happen to live on opposite sides
of the highway.... This would be a war where you *have* to stay frineds
with the folks on the other side.

As for the folks in the Steppes/Elfsea area, if you're in Steppes, you
split along I-35E, if you're in Elfsea, you split along I-35W. Maybe the
folks in the Arlington group can be marshals, or hire out as mercenaries?

	-Tivar Moondragon