[Ansteorra] Steppes 12th Night The Feast

morgancain at earthlink.net morgancain at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 3 14:09:37 PST 2001

For those wondering if the feast is worth the effort of pre-reserving, I advise the following:

                              YES.

OK, for more details - the recipes come from two 16th-Century German cookbooks, and many have been redacted by me.  The current menu (subject to adjustment based upon seasonal sales in January) is as follows:

On tables to start:
	Small pickles
	Swiss cheese (or other cheese)
	Black bread and butter
	Liver sausage
	Standing salad(s) (cabbage, onion, cucumber, etc.)

First Course - chicken:
	Lemon capons (made with chickens)
        Steamed capons (made with chickens – spiced or with rosemary)
	Cheese tart
	Beet and greens salad or Lettuces with capers
	Asparagus salad

Second Course - beef:
	Vinegared, garlicky Beef
	Roasted beef (with spices)
	Rice cooked in beef broth (with vegetarian alternative)
	Bohemian peas (which is served cold, consider yourselves advised)
	Sauteed spinach

Desserts: A Tart – Plum, apple, pear, Barbaishe (custard)
	  Nürnberger Lebkuchen (spice cakes)

NOTE:  Except for dishes that are stated as containing meat, ALL dishes are appropriate for non-vegan vegetarians.  There are NO pork products in any of the dishes.  I will not be creating alternative dishes for anybody, but I am willing to adjust as necessary for diabetics, persons with celiac disease, and others who advise me IN ADVANCE (by the cutoff for reservations) of their special needs.  Specific lists of ingredients are available upon request - email to me at morgancain at earthlink.net

                              ---= Morgan, head cook

“If you think you can, you can. And if you think you can’t, you’re right.”
“When you come to a roadblock, take a detour.”  ---= Mary Kay Ash (1918-2001)