[Ansteorra] Period Dog Breeds

Susan catmafia at swbell.net
Fri Dec 21 10:34:51 PST 2001

>Chiara Francesca Arianna d'Onofrio wrote:
> > You know it has been a long year when you read the title and it says, in
> > your head, Period Hot Dogs.....sigh.
>
>Well..., I do have one period recipe for cat in the Florilegium. But
>I don't have any period recipes nor evidence for dogs being eaten in
>period. So, if anyone does, could they please enlighten us?

I thought we already covered this topic and no dog recipes came up?  Does
anyone know of someone who has a wealth of Korean History?  Dog is a delacy
there and as Jim mentions them hanging in the shop windows, it might be a
place to check.  He mentioned having a couple of the dishes, but nothing
notable unlike Rattlesnake, Octopus or Kangaroo; but I think those it was
more the novelty of it and that he had caught, skinned and cooked the
Rattler himself.  Dog in Korea was just pretty common.

Susan the reseptical of obscure knowledge