[Ansteorra] My 1st GW

Aurore Gaudin Aurore at hot.rr.com
Thu Dec 27 08:50:28 PST 2001

This is something I forget to tell in my tale of my 1st GW.  One of the merchants there happened to be selling crossbows.  I expressed an interest in the chair he had covered in fur. He letted me and my friend back behind his wares so that I could sit and enjoy the fur.  They got a kick out of me cause I was purring in it.  Yes the fur merchants there was having fun getting rid of me half the time cause I was petting their fur wares a little much and not buying any of it.  Wish I could have.  Anyway, back to the orignal reason for this add-on of my first story.  After awhile, the crossbow merchant asked if I want to try out the crossbows in his tent, where he had a target set up for such testing of the crossbows.  I figure it had to be about 25-30 feet from the door to the target.  Target was a torso portion of a suit of armor with a ringer underneath the chest piece.  My friend took his first shot and missed.  I took mine and I dinged the bell.  Friend thought beginner's luck.  He shot his second one and missed again.  I shot again and hit the bell again.  Merchant and friend agreed they didn't want to be at the wrong end of the crossbow with me on the other side of it.  That was my first time ever shooting a crossbow.  Not to sure if it had anything to do with it, but as a teenager, I had a BB rifle that was daily practice.  The target for that one was a gallon milk jug hanging from a tree branch with string and had rabbits drawn on it.  I would set it into motion and take shots of it.  Would have to replace it every now and then.  Got too full of holes.  Any one want to sponsor a newbie crossbowwoman.  I would do heavy fighting but with me being a lefty and my left shoulder not in the best of shape, don't need to get bashed on that shoulder, so I would take the option of archery on the field.  I need weapon and armor. Anyone?  Just kidding).  I'm too old (27) anyway to get into fighting.  Let the pups do it.  That is my story and I'm sticking to it.  Aurore