too old? Re: [Ansteorra] My 1st GW

Brian Martin BMartin at Corp.Prodigy.com
Thu Dec 27 09:50:50 PST 2001

I was once told that in order to get knighted, you had to have at least one
of three things:

	1. Facial hair
	2. A gut
	3. Injuries.

For most of my career as a knight, I had all three (including a torn rotator
cuff on each shoulder and a bad football knee). I hope that our prince has
at least one old injury. If not, He's blowing the theory!

Pendaran "Its not the years, its the mileage" Glamorgan

-----Original Message-----
From: Aurore Gaudin [mailto:Aurore at hot.rr.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 27, 2001 11:31 AM
To: ansteorra at ansteorra.org
Subject: Re: too old? Re: [Ansteorra] My 1st GW

Ok, I'll change what I mean.  Let the physical healthy people take the hits.
My left shoulder is a walking barometer.  And it's talking at me now.  And
everything else has been injuried in too many high school athletic events
and practices.  Don't want to give the chirigons (sp?) too much work if I
get hit in just the wrong spot.  My other biggest agruement for not getting
into the fighters' circle is can't afford the weapons and armor at the
moment.  Maybe one day.  Aurore