[Ansteorra] Travels was Manx Info

Susan catmafia at swbell.net
Mon Dec 24 12:34:40 PST 2001

>I will tell you while in Scotland I went to the zoo and they had an exibit of
>wild cats as in house cats that were wild.

Ahhh, you just moved Scotland up on my list of places to go and things to
do.  Where were they and do you know what types of cats were included?

The list of places I want to go to is so long, I hope I have the money and
other resources to do all the traveling I dream and long to do.  The Isles
are at the forfront of my list for both the linage calling and tons of
other reasons.  I hope to one day be able to go for 6 weeks or more a year
there.  I also want to go to New Zealand as it was the spot from all my
father's WWII memories that he spoke of to me and his eyes shined with the
love that I knew so well, the tastes I have had of their culture
(Polynesian Cultural Center in Hawaii-the Maori seem kindred) and seanery
(Xena and LOR) cries out to me and the foods (Kiwi...) and the elegance of
the Poi balls as both an art form and a weapon entices me greatly.  One of
the others is just the entire Mediterranian area where I would love to
spend a couple of months a year exploring. (this is the short list)

I have been back to the mountains and streams of my Cherokee heritage and
it was fabulous, standing in the cold mountain stream with the water
sparkleing with mica flakes swirling around my feet standing on the softly
rounded stones was incredible.  As was the combination of my Scottish
heritage when I was in the church with soaring walls of the local mica
flaked stone and vaulted ceiling and as the pipers processed into the
building it was incredible how much it shook my soul, as the drums of my
childhood shook the ground as well as the sound you heard in the happy
circling of the drum as I would dance the dance my ancestresses had
danced.  The other place I have been of major distinction was we spent 3
years in Hawaii and I spent several weeks in the Bahamas as a young teen
spending Thanksgiving camping on a deserted Cay that was the ruins of a
great house had been abandoned and followed by a history of other horrid
mishaps, but called certain people to visit it regularly including one
couple who kept their Cabin Cruiser docked there about half of the year.  I
would love to visit it again in that manner (a water RV) to be able to swim
those waters again for I have never seen such intensly bright beauty
anywhere else and would love to see it again.

So, where have you all visited and where do you dream to go?  Any pictures
of castles, ruins, trees, people from your travels you wish to share with
me, please send off list as it is such an awsome way to see things through
someone elses eyes.

Susan the Curious
Susan-the-Curious at swbell.net